Brett had his preschool graduation today and we are so proud! The ceremony was so cute- they processed in to an adorable song called "I Am Unique", the teacher spoke, the children sang, the pastor spoke, the children accepted their certificates, and the teacher did a picture "movie". Then there were cookies and punch afterward. Mrs. Seltz did the cutest thing....she took 2 qualities that each student has shown through the school year and using those projected a job that they may have when the grow up! The jobs ranged from a vet, computer analyzer, lawyer, and teacher. Brett's qualities were his intelligence and good speaking skills which they thought would make him a great pastor! Uncle Ralph (the pastor) will be so proud! One more cute thing was that I was planning to take Claire to Betty's during the ceremony b/c I didn't think she'd really get into it and then I could devote all my attention to the graduate! Well, Brett WANTED his sister there and insisted that she come to see him graduate :) I LOVE the way he sticks up for her and wants her around (most of the time!).
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Our little Graduate!
Brett had his preschool graduation today and we are so proud! The ceremony was so cute- they processed in to an adorable song called "I Am Unique", the teacher spoke, the children sang, the pastor spoke, the children accepted their certificates, and the teacher did a picture "movie". Then there were cookies and punch afterward. Mrs. Seltz did the cutest thing....she took 2 qualities that each student has shown through the school year and using those projected a job that they may have when the grow up! The jobs ranged from a vet, computer analyzer, lawyer, and teacher. Brett's qualities were his intelligence and good speaking skills which they thought would make him a great pastor! Uncle Ralph (the pastor) will be so proud! One more cute thing was that I was planning to take Claire to Betty's during the ceremony b/c I didn't think she'd really get into it and then I could devote all my attention to the graduate! Well, Brett WANTED his sister there and insisted that she come to see him graduate :) I LOVE the way he sticks up for her and wants her around (most of the time!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Amy, he has grown up so much. It is amazing and a little sad when we start to lose our "babies". I will say, however, independence can be a WONDERFUL thing(think no more butt wiping, no more carseats, showering and washing their own hair and even ordering their own meal in a restuarant).Never fear, I still get daily hugs from my big guys(no kisses though..gasp!)
Amy, do you think you could scan and upload a picture of you when you were Claire's age? Does she look just like you? I sure think she does.
Post a Comment